Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Thursday, October 24, 2013

I Don’t Have Anything To Spend My Money On – Olawale,MTN Project Fame Finalists

On Saturday 28th September 2013, Nigeria saw Olawale Ojo crowned the Winner of the MTN Project Fame West Africa season 6. It was everyone’s delight to see a 400level Agronomy Student of Ladoke Akintola University, go home with a cash prize of N5million , a fully loaded
SUV and a recording contract .
The finale show saw the ‘”Sensational Six” (Finalists) – Olawale , Immaculate , Roland , Magret , Niniola and Omolayo, entertain attendees with one performance each .

Recently Nigeriafilms.com reporter had a chat with the winner, Olawale Ojo....

Life in the academy ?
First few weeks in the academy was not too pleasant , because I didn’t even believe in my self then . What I do was to just go on stage and do what I know how to do better . Even at a time I was abused of singing without emotion, but as time goes on I got used to it and pushed ahead .

How did you feel when announced winner ?
My mind went blank. I am grateful to God and appreciate those who believed in me and voted for me massively. It’s actually not all about my talent but those who believed in me and voted me to the top and all I have to say is thank you and I promise I will never disappoint them .

Any plan for the money, contract and car presently ?
I think for now I will focus on the recording contract , because there is nothing for me to spend the money on . And I have been surviving without the money , but as time goes on I will think of how to invest it. There is a difference between spending and working. If there is one thing I can buy out of the money for now, it would be a lovely piano. I had one but it’s not really good. I would give it to someone.

Have you been to a reality show before Project fame?
Actually , I have never been to a reality show or any form of audition before. Project fame is my first attempt . Though a friend actually pushed me into the competition. He said, why was I wasting my talent in the corner of my house, because I’m always playing my piano and also involved myself in church activities. I was very nervous when I went for the audition. But now I am glad and thank God it’s now a history.

What do you think make people to like you ?
It was when I did Asa’s song. The moment I did the song, everything changed. It was then I comprehended all the things the faculty members taught me and I began applying their lessons.

Were you ever intimidated by anyone in the academy ?
I wasn’t intimidated by anyone, and I think we are all unique in our own ways . What I do was just to make sure I give the best and I did not forge myself .

What were your winning strategies?
My winning strategy was just being myself. The second factor was God.

Any challenges in the academy ?
My greatest challenge was being nervous and rigid on stage but as time goes on I was able to overcome it .

What was your father’s reaction to your choice of profession ?
He wasn’t happy with it , but his discouragement really taught me how to be a fighter. If I didn’t give it a fight, I wouldn’t have been where I am today. His discouragement was a motivating factor that propelled me to greater heights. And he was indifferent because I am the first musician in my family. Thus, it didn’t really appeal to him. However, when I was picked after the audition, he was happy.

As a student , how would you manage academics and the stardom ?
I would just be myself. I was in school before Project Fame and I have been rehearsing. Thus, it won’t disturb me much. Let me just wait and see how it would play out because I have not tasted stardom before. I don’t know how it feels out there.

What’s your genre of music?
I am an R n’ B singer but due to my flexibility, I can perform well in other genres too. The competition has taught me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments on this blog are the uninfluenced thoughts and opinions of blog readers.

For advertising or other relevant enquiries: Call: +234 708 819 7609, +234 703 781 7240
Email: enquiries@naijacreative.com, ads@naijacreative.com





Go To

2013 Ford Edge 2face About Me Absurd Affordable Clothing Line for Babies AKI Aliko Dangote Aluu Angela Okorie Annie Idibia Anti-gay Bill APC Arrest Awards AY Baby Bump Best Hair Best Makeup Beyonce Bikinis Birthday Bizzare Leather Balloon Shorts Bovi Bow Wow Business By NC Reader Career Chantel Jeffries Charly Boy Chigul Chika Ike Clarion Chukwurah Crazy Crime D'banj D'Prince David Beckham David McIntosh Davido Davos Dencia DJ Xclusive Don Jazzy Drake Bell Ebola Education Egor Efoik Entertainment Facebook Is 10 Fashion & Style February Flavour Folarin Freeze CoolFM Funny Genevieve Ghandhour Cosmetics Gh Gossip Grammys IK Ogbonna Ill Persons Indie Arie Ini Edo Interview Iyanya JayZ Jessica White Jimmy Jatt Joan Rivers Justin Bieber Kanye West Kate Henshaw Katherine Gazda Katy Perry Kcee Kelly Brook Kendall Jenner Keri Hilson Kim Kardashian Klaus Lifestyle Lil Kim Limpopo Linda Ikeji Lorde Lupita Nyong'o Magazines Maheeda Matilda Me Meraiah Michelle Obama Michelle Williams Miley Cyrus Mini Skirt Miracle Miscellaneous Movie Ms Kedike Musik Nadia Nadia Buhari National New Music Video News Nicki Minaj nikiz collections Nollywood North West Nun Okey Bakassi Ola Jordan Olamide Omosexy Open Letter Oprah Winfrey Orezi Osaze Paris Hilton Paul Okoye Paul Walker Pete Edochie Peter Okoye Photos Phyno Playboy Playmate Poem Politics Psquare Queen Nwokoye Racism Raquel Rented Boyfriend Rihanna Rita Dominic Rukky Sanda Scam Selena Gomez Serge Ibaka Shakira Skales Skin Care Sports Stella Dimoko-Korkus Suicide Taylor Swift Tee Billz The 5 Maidens Of Honour The Originals The Rock Timaya Tiwa TMZ Toke Makinwa Tonto Dike Touching Life Story TV Uti Nwachukwu Valentine Vanity Fair Wande Coal Whitenicious Wiz Khalifa Wizkid Yetunde Akilapa Yvonne Nelson