Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Monday, November 25, 2013

Gloria Mba: Face to face with best friend who snatched my husband

Gloria Mba: Face to face with best friend who snatched my husband


Gloria Mba is not just a beautiful actress but she is also a resilient diva who doesn’t allow her past to wear her down. Exactly a year ago, the thespian confirmed that her marriage had crashed after she caught her best friend allegedly “having phone sex” with her husband. The Entertainer went after Gloria to find out how she has been coping after the sordid experience. And she revealed a lot, including her encounter with the ‘marriage crasher’. It’s a Sunday delight!
What makes one a good actor?
What makes one a good actor is when you understand the job and understand the character you are portraying.  For instance, you must have good vision because if they give you the role of a doctor and you don’t know anything about medicine you can’t perform the character. Moreover, reading books about medicine alone won’t be enough. You have to become a doctor by putting yourself in the character.

How do you master and deliver your lines?
I wouldn’t use the word ‘memorize’ because when you are in secondary school you have to memorize many things. But for acting, you just have to understand the character you are given. If you decide to memorize then you miss a couple of things, read the script and understand the character very well.

Did you have any formal training before coming into Nollywood?
No, like I was telling a junior colleague recently, as a child I wanted to be a broadcaster, I didn’t read anything about it. I have a diploma in Public Relations, I didn’t know anything about acting but because of my love for broadcasting I had to go into acting.

Did you have any problem coming into the industry?
I had a lot of challenges, I used to have problems pronouncing certain words, but gradually I was taught how to pronounce those words clearly. I had to work on talking fast and reducing the pace of my speech. I also worked on my dressing because the young ones look up to me.  So, all these were the challenges I faced.

You have been in the industry for a decade which movie brought you into the limelight?
The movie that brought me into the limelight was entitled, Together As One. It wasn’t easy being in the midst of top actors like Emeka Ike but it was fun. Also, there was this movie I did with Genevieve Nnaji and Jim Iyke entitled, One Love.  After that I said to myself ‘yes I can do it. I can make it in the industry’ because I was really encouraged in those movies.

Would you now say you are successful?
I am comfortably successful because as you grow older in the industry you grow wiser, you know what is right and wrong and I wouldn’t say I have gotten to my peak, but I am comfortably better.

Who do you look up to as your role model in the industry?
Some years back, I used to say people like Genevieve because I love her as an actor. The woman that brought me into the industry, I was always looking up to her. But today I would say my mother and God are my role models.

Who really is Gloria Mba?
I am friendly. I love my family and friends. I love meeting intelligent people. I am a very crazy girl but friendly (laughs),

What is the craziest thing a fan has done to you?
I was kissed in the church; I don’t know if it was excitement. I went to a church and a fan was surprised to see me, he ran to me and kissed me, I couldn’t believe it.

How was your growing up like?
It was beautiful; I had fun. I grew up in an average home. My father loves kids so much. He sent me to a military school because he had always loved military school. My secondary school was also fun. I used to dream of being a broadcaster. Also, I wanted to be a sprinter and run for Nigeria, but my father hates anything sport, and because I argue too much, he said I should go for law.

What are your likes and dislikes about Nollywood?
There is peace in Nollywood now and I like it. The dislike is that some people are cheating others in the industry. It is bad in the sense that they rob you of your merit, giving you a particular amount for a job simply because they want to make money off you. It’s bad and I have seen a lot of people complaining about it.

What is your most embarrassing moment?
The day my father chased me out of the house because I came back late from work. The whole street gathered and begged him before he could allow me into the house. It’s very embarrassing because as an adult I’m supposed to know what I’m doing.

In the industry today, most actresses give out their bodies for role…?
(Cuts in) Truth be told, some girls give out their bodies to get roles. Many of them that are coming up do this, but after giving out your body what next?

How did you meet your first love?
It happened one Sunday when I went to weave my hair, I was in secondary school then, and both of us met.

What is your advice for young girls who look up to you?
They should know what they want. A lot of people will come to you and ask for sex and it’s your choice. So, be focused, know what you want and what you came to do and if you want to date, make sure you pick someone that’s good. There are a lot of good guys in the industry.

Have you encountered lesbianism in Nollywood?
Yes, I have and I was very firm with them. We can be playing but when it gets further than necessary I won’t tolerate it. When you are not a man, why should you be touching my sensitive parts? What do they see in it? But it’s their choice. I am not against them; just don’t come close to me.

A lot of marriages break up in the industry, how do you intend to safeguard your next marriage?
From my experience, I have learnt something and I will use that as a yardstick. All marriages can never be the same but I have always wanted to be a wonderful wife.

What is your ideal man?
I love a man that is well dressed.

What’s now the relationship with your best friend who allegedly ruined your marriage?
I haven’t spoken to her for more than a year. I don’t have anything against her; God is my witness. I saw her once at Shoprite in Surulere. I don’t keep grudges for long, because if you are holding down someone, you are holding yourself down too. I wish them all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments on this blog are the uninfluenced thoughts and opinions of blog readers.

For advertising or other relevant enquiries: Call: +234 708 819 7609, +234 703 781 7240
Email: enquiries@naijacreative.com, ads@naijacreative.com





Go To

2013 Ford Edge 2face About Me Absurd Affordable Clothing Line for Babies AKI Aliko Dangote Aluu Angela Okorie Annie Idibia Anti-gay Bill APC Arrest Awards AY Baby Bump Best Hair Best Makeup Beyonce Bikinis Birthday Bizzare Leather Balloon Shorts Bovi Bow Wow Business By NC Reader Career Chantel Jeffries Charly Boy Chigul Chika Ike Clarion Chukwurah Crazy Crime D'banj D'Prince David Beckham David McIntosh Davido Davos Dencia DJ Xclusive Don Jazzy Drake Bell Ebola Education Egor Efoik Entertainment Facebook Is 10 Fashion & Style February Flavour Folarin Freeze CoolFM Funny Genevieve Ghandhour Cosmetics Gh Gossip Grammys IK Ogbonna Ill Persons Indie Arie Ini Edo Interview Iyanya JayZ Jessica White Jimmy Jatt Joan Rivers Justin Bieber Kanye West Kate Henshaw Katherine Gazda Katy Perry Kcee Kelly Brook Kendall Jenner Keri Hilson Kim Kardashian Klaus Lifestyle Lil Kim Limpopo Linda Ikeji Lorde Lupita Nyong'o Magazines Maheeda Matilda Me Meraiah Michelle Obama Michelle Williams Miley Cyrus Mini Skirt Miracle Miscellaneous Movie Ms Kedike Musik Nadia Nadia Buhari National New Music Video News Nicki Minaj nikiz collections Nollywood North West Nun Okey Bakassi Ola Jordan Olamide Omosexy Open Letter Oprah Winfrey Orezi Osaze Paris Hilton Paul Okoye Paul Walker Pete Edochie Peter Okoye Photos Phyno Playboy Playmate Poem Politics Psquare Queen Nwokoye Racism Raquel Rented Boyfriend Rihanna Rita Dominic Rukky Sanda Scam Selena Gomez Serge Ibaka Shakira Skales Skin Care Sports Stella Dimoko-Korkus Suicide Taylor Swift Tee Billz The 5 Maidens Of Honour The Originals The Rock Timaya Tiwa TMZ Toke Makinwa Tonto Dike Touching Life Story TV Uti Nwachukwu Valentine Vanity Fair Wande Coal Whitenicious Wiz Khalifa Wizkid Yetunde Akilapa Yvonne Nelson